***NOTICE - Important deadline information***
The Special Event application deadline is 60 days in advance of the proposed event. Rush fees may be assessed for applications submitted less than 60 days in advance.
For your application to be considered complete, you must include:
- All applicant and event information
- Draft site plan and community notification
- Occupancy documentation such as traffic control plans or preliminary park permits
Special Event Application
Thank you for choosing to hold your event in the City and County of Denver!
Denver is proud to host fun, creative events that showcase diversity across our neighborhoods throughout the city.
All events open to the public that are held on public property such as in a Denver park or on a street or sidewalk must complete a Special Event Application. If you are unsure whether your event is required to complete a Special Event Application, contact OSE here or call 720-913-1501.
- Please note: If you plan to conduct your public event in a Denver park, please make sure that you have reserved the space with the Parks Permit Office by submitting the no less than 60 days prior to the first date of your park permit to email@example.com. This must be done prior to submitting the OSE Special Event Application. OSE will not process Special Event Applications held in parks until the submission of a park permit application has been verified. Contact the Parks Permit Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-913-0700 or . on their website
- Learn about “greening” up your event with Certifiably Green Denver
- Find out how to ensure your event is ADA accessible
- at your event Requesting Mayor Michael B. Hancock's attendance
Contact the OSE with any questions you have along the way.
Proceed to Event Application
The Special Event Application does not apply to the following activities. Click on each item to learn more.
Weddings, Picnics, Athletics, Reunions
For events at a private facility or parking lot, contact the owner of the property. However, if the event will impact public resources such as police, streets or neighborhoods please contact us for assistance.
Public Event Calendar